2022 Board of Directors Application
Applications due by August 31, 2021
Thank you for your interest in serving on the Board of Directors and/or the Executive Committee for the Parkville Area Chamber of Commerce. Please review the expectations of the Parkville Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and complete the following questionnaire. This questionnaire is designed so we can better learn about you, your talents and expertise that can assist the Chamber and the community.
EXPECTATIONS OF MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Be current on membership dues to the Chamber.
- Promote the Vision, Mission and Objectives of the Chamber.
- Attend regular monthly board meetings. (No more than 2 unexcused absences.)
- Attend the annual planning session held in October.
- Chair or Co-Chair at least one committee and attend regular Committee meetings.
- Attend and participate in at least 75% of Chamber sponsored functions.
- Come to meetings on time, prepared to engage in dialogue, learning conversations, discussion or debate, remaining disciplined in discourse, demonstrating assertive communication skills in both speaking and listening.
- Follow through on promised commitments.
- Accept collective responsibility for the decisions of the Board of Directors.
- Promote and volunteer for the Charity of Choice chosen by the Chamber.
- Assist with member retention and recruitment for the chamber.
- Conduct yourselves according to the Operating Principles of the Chamber.